Apply electrical and electronic theory and related knowledge, usually under the direction of engineering staff, to design, build, repair, calibrate, and modify electrical components, circuitry, controls, and machinery for subsequent evaluation and use by engineering staff in making engineering design decisions.
- Electrical Design Technician
- Electrical Engineering Technician
- Electrical Power Station Technician
- Electronic Instrument Testing Technician
- Lighting Engineering Technician
- Programmable Logic Controller Programmer
- Semiconductor Development Technician
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $62,280.00 with most people making between $35,930.00 and $92,350.00
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 20,400 people in California. It is projected that there will be 22,100 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 180 openings due to growth and about 390 replacement openings for approximately 570 total annual openings.