Act as oversight and security agent for management and customers. Observe casino or casino hotel operation for irregular activities such as cheating or theft by either employees or patrons. May use one-way mirrors above the casino floor, cashier's cage, and from desk. Use of audio/video equipment is also common to observe operation of the business. Usually required to provide verbal and written reports of all violations and suspicious behavior to supervisor.
- Casino Enforcement Agent
- Casino Investigator
- Casino Surveillance Officer
- Casino Worker
- Compliance Officer
- Gambling Monitor
- Gaming Commissioner
- Gaming Investigator
- Gaming Surveillance Observer
- Monitor establishment activities to ensure adherence to all state gaming regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Observe casino or casino hotel operations for irregular activities such as cheating or theft by employees or patrons, using audio and video equipment and one-way mirrors.
- Report all violations and suspicious behaviors to supervisors, verbally or in writing.
- Act as oversight or security agents for management or customers.
- Supervise or train surveillance observers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Achievement in their jobs.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $33,750.00 with most people making between $22,050.00 and $46,250.00
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately n/a people in California. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
- Insurance Appraisers, Auto Damage
- Broadcast Technicians
- Radio Operators
- Fire Inspectors
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Computer Operators
- Agricultural Inspectors
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers
onetPrivate Detectives and Investigators
onetPolice Patrol Officers
majorCriminal Justice/Police Science
collegeUniversity of Southern California
collegeUniversity of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
collegeAlabama A & M University
onetCriminal Investigators and Special Agents
collegeUniversity of California-Riverside
majorGame and Interactive Media Design
majorCriminalistics and Criminal Science