Assist patrons at entertainment events by performing duties, such as collecting admission tickets and passes from patrons, assisting in finding seats, searching for lost articles, and locating such facilities as rest rooms and telephones.
- Admittance Attendant
- Children's Attendant
- Customer Service Representative
- Customer Service Specialist
- Door Attendant
- Door Captain
- Door Tender
- Schedule and manage volunteer usher corps.
- Work with others to change advertising displays.
- Manage inventory or sale of artist merchandise.
- Sell and collect admission tickets and passes from patrons at entertainment events.
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Guide patrons to exits or provide other instructions or assistance in case of emergency.
- Maintain order and ensure adherence to safety rules.
- Provide assistance with patrons' special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
- Direct patrons to restrooms, concession stands and telephones.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: SCE.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Social interests, but also prefer Conventional and Enterprising environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $22,870.00 with most people making between $17,520.00 and $30,420.00
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 14,000 people in California. It is projected that there will be 16,000 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 200 openings due to growth and about 820 replacement openings for approximately 1,020 total annual openings.
- Crossing Guards
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Waiters and Waitresses
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Locker Room, Coatroom, and Dressing Room Attendants
- Counter and Rental Clerks
- Couriers and Messengers
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeSan Jose State University
collegeCollege of the Sequoias
collegeCalifornia State University-Long Beach
onetHotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
majorCinematography and Film/Video Production