Perform variety of attending duties at amusement or recreation facility. May schedule use of recreation facilities, maintain and provide equipment to participants of sporting events or recreational pursuits, or operate amusement concessions and rides.
- Activities Attendant
- Alley Worker
- Amusement or Recreation Card Checker
- Amusement Park Worker
- Animal Ride Attendant
- Animal Rides Manager
- Arcade Attendant
- Artificial Snow Making Machine Operator
- Athletic Equipment Manager
- Sell tickets and collect fees from customers.
- Sell and serve refreshments to customers.
- Record details of attendance, sales, receipts, reservations, or repair activities.
- Provide information about facilities, entertainment options, and rules and regulations.
- Direct patrons to rides, seats, or attractions.
- Monitor activities to ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures, or arrange for the removal of unruly patrons.
- Clean sporting equipment, vehicles, rides, booths, facilities, or grounds.
- Keep informed of shut-down and emergency evacuation procedures.
- Operate machines to clean, smooth, and prepare the ice surfaces of rinks for activities such as skating, hockey, and curling.
- Operate, drive, or explain the use of mechanical riding devices or other automatic equipment in amusement parks, carnivals, or recreation areas.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECR.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Realistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Relationships in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $21,770 with most people making between $17,460 and $29,560
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 35,700 people in California. It is projected that there will be 41,200 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 550 openings due to growth and about 2,050 replacement openings for approximately 2,600 total annual openings.
- Parking Enforcement Workers
- Cooks, Fast Food
- Combined Food Preparation and Serving Workers, Including Fast Food
- Counter Attendants, Cafeteria, Food Concession, and Coffee Shop
- Food Servers, Nonrestaurant
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- Gaming and Sports Book Writers and Runners
- Gaming Change Persons and Booth Cashiers
- Counter and Rental Clerks
collegeUniversity of Southern California
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General
collegeSan Jose State University
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeCalifornia State University-Long Beach
collegeSan Diego State University
majorBaking and Pastry Arts/Baker/Pastry Chef
majorRadio and Television
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers