Help brickmasons, blockmasons, stonemasons, or tile and marble setters by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Adobe Layer Helper
- Boat Joiner Helper
- Boring Machine Operator Helper
- Brick Carrier
- Brick Cleaner
- Brick Tender
- Brick Washer
- Bricklayer Helper
- Bricklayer Tender
- Cut materials to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
- Erect scaffolding or other installation structures.
- Locate and supply materials to masons for installation, following drawings or numbered sequences.
- Mix mortar, plaster, and grout, manually or using machines, according to standard formulas.
- Apply grout between joints of bricks or tiles, using grouting trowels.
- Correct surface imperfections or fill chipped, cracked, or broken bricks or tiles, using fillers, adhesives, or grouting materials.
- Modify material moving, mixing, grouting, grinding, polishing, or cleaning procedures, according to installation or material requirements.
- Provide assistance in the preparation, installation, repair, or rebuilding of tile, brick, or stone surfaces.
- Clean installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, or storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
- Transport materials, tools, or machines to installation sites, manually or using conveyance equipment.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: R.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $32,540.00 with most people making between $19,250.00 and $48,920.00
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 3,500 people in California. It is projected that there will be 5,100 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 170 openings due to growth and about 90 replacement openings for approximately 260 total annual openings.
- Construction Laborers
- Reinforcing Iron and Rebar Workers
- Highway Maintenance Workers
- Mine Cutting and Channeling Machine Operators
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators and Tenders
- Molding and Casting Workers
- Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Machine Feeders and Offbearers
majorConstruction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation
majorIndustrial Mechanics and Maintenance Technology
collegeAtlanta Technical College
collegeGeorgia College & State University
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeLawson State Community College-Birmingham Campus
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
onetCounter and Rental Clerks