Help painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or stucco masons by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
- Billboard Poster Helper
- Bridge Painter Helper
- Dry Plasterer Helper
- Exterior Insulation and Finish System Installer (EIFS Installer)
- Highway Painter Helper
- House Painter Helper
- Ornamental Plasterer Helper
- Place articles to be stripped into stripping tanks.
- Clean work areas and equipment.
- Perform support duties to assist painters, paperhangers, plasterers, or masons.
- Apply protective coverings such as masking tape to articles or areas that could be damaged or stained by work processes.
- Erect scaffolding.
- Fill cracks or breaks in surfaces of plaster articles or areas with putty or epoxy compounds.
- Supply or hold tools and materials.
- Smooth surfaces of articles to be painted, using sanding and buffing tools and equipment.
- Mix plaster, and carry plaster to plasterers.
- Remove articles such as cabinets, metal furniture, and paint containers from stripping tanks after prescribed periods of time.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $30,380.00 with most people making between $18,680.00 and $47,500.00
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 2,600 people in California. It is projected that there will be 3,200 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 50 openings due to growth and about 70 replacement openings for approximately 120 total annual openings.
- Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, and Aquacultural Animals
- Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, and Wall
- Painters, Construction and Maintenance
- Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, and Steamfitters
- Fence Erectors
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Packers and Packagers, Hand
- Refuse and Recyclable Material Collectors
collegeAuburn University at Montgomery
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeUniversity of Alabama at Huntsville
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
collegeUniversity of West Alabama
collegeUnited States Sports Academy
majorPainting/Painter and Wall Coverer
majorElectrical and Power Transmission Installation/Installer, General