Help extraction craft workers, such as earth drillers, blasters and explosives workers, derrick operators, and mining machine operators, by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include supplying equipment or cleaning work area.
- Blaster Helper
- Blasting Helper
- Boring Machine Operator Helper
- Bottom Hole Pressure Recording Operator Helper
- Churn Driller Helper
- Clean Out Driller Helper
- Clean-Out Driller Helper
- Coal Miner
- Continuous Miner Operator Helper
- Repair and maintain automotive and drilling equipment, using hand tools.
- Observe and monitor equipment operation during the extraction process in order to detect any problems.
- Drive moving equipment in order to transport materials and parts to excavation sites.
- Clean up work areas and remove debris after extraction activities are complete.
- Organize materials in order to prepare for use.
- Provide assistance to extraction craft workers such as earth drillers and derrick operators.
- Dismantle extracting and boring equipment used for excavation, using hand tools.
- Unload materials, devices and machine parts, using hand tools.
- Load materials into well holes or into equipment, using hand tools.
- Signal workers to start geological material extraction or boring.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Working Conditions and Relationships in their jobs.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $32,800.00 with most people making between $21,550.00 and $46,000.00
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately 1,500 people in California. It is projected that there will be 1,400 employed in 2018.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 30 replacement openings for approximately 30 total annual openings.
- Rock Splitters, Quarry
- Rail Car Repairers
- Rolling Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, and Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, and Still Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Industrial Truck and Tractor Operators
collegeShelton State Community College
majorElectrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeJefferson State Community College
majorMobil Crane Operation/Operator
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeBishop State Community College
majorConstruction/Heavy Equipment/Earthmoving Equipment Operation
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers