Install, service, adjust, or repair coin, vending, or amusement machines including video games, juke boxes, pinball machines, or slot machines.
- Amusement Machine Mechanic
- Arcade Games Mechanic
- ATM Mechanic (Automatic Teller Machine Mechanic)
- ATM Technician (Automated Teller Machine Technician)
- Automatic Coin Machine Mechanic
- Automatic Teller Machine Servicer
- Bank Teller Machine Mechanic
- Cigarette Machine Filler
- Cigarette Machines Mechanic
- Coin Box Collector
- Fill machines with products, ingredients, money, and other supplies.
- Keep records of merchandise distributed and money collected.
- Collect coins and bills from machines, prepare invoices, and settle accounts with concessionaires.
- Make service calls to maintain and repair machines.
- Inspect machines and meters to determine causes of malfunctions and fix minor problems such as jammed bills or stuck products.
- Test machines to determine proper functioning.
- Contact other repair personnel or make arrangements for the removal of machines in cases where major repairs are required.
- Clean and oil machine parts.
- Record transaction information on forms or logs, and notify designated personnel of discrepancies.
- Adjust machine pressure gauges and thermostats.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Support in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $34,190.00 with most people making between $21,520.00 and $47,430.00
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 3,100 people in California. It is projected that there will be 3,300 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 20 openings due to growth and about 60 replacement openings for approximately 80 total annual openings.
- Medical Equipment Preparers
- Forest and Conservation Workers
- Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Electrical and Electronics Repairers, Powerhouse, Substation, and Relay
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Drilling and Boring Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Stationary Engineers and Boiler Operators
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
collegeCalifornia State University-Fresno
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeWest Valley College
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeSan Diego City College
majorElectrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General
majorHealth and Physical Education/Fitness, General
majorAutomobile/Automotive Mechanics Technology/Technician
majorCriminal Justice/Police Science
collegeCalifornia State University-Fullerton