Move or install mobile homes or prefabricated buildings.
- Delivery Crew Worker
- Finish Carpenter
- Housetrailer Servicer
- Manufactured Buildings Repairer
- Master Craftsman
- Mobile Home Installer
- Mobile Home Laborer
- Mobile Home Mechanic
- Mobile Home Servicer
- Mobile Home Set-Up Person
- Seal open sides of modular units to prepare them for shipment, using polyethylene sheets, nails, and hammers.
- Move and set up mobile homes or prefabricated buildings on owners' lots or at mobile home parks.
- Inspect, examine, and test the operation of parts or systems to evaluate operating condition and to determine if repairs are needed.
- Connect water hoses to inlet pipes of plumbing systems, and test operation of plumbing fixtures.
- Remove damaged exterior panels, repair and replace structural frame members, and seal leaks, using hand tools.
- List parts needed, estimate costs, and plan work procedures, using parts lists, technical manuals, and diagrams.
- Confer with customers or read work orders to determine the nature and extent of damage to units.
- Install, repair, and replace units, fixtures, appliances, and other items and systems in mobile and modular homes, prefabricated buildings, or travel trailers, using hand tools or power tools.
- Reset hardware, using chisels, mallets, and screwdrivers.
- Repair leaks in plumbing or gas lines, using caulking compounds and plastic or copper pipe.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Building and Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of houses, buildings, or other structures such as highways and roads.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Design - Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Transportation - Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Quality Control Analysis - Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $31,640.00 with most people making between $22,870.00 and $41,880.00
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately n/a people in California. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
- Pipe Fitters and Steamfitters
- Structural Iron and Steel Workers
- Septic Tank Servicers and Sewer Pipe Cleaners
- Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Rotary Drill Operators, Oil and Gas
- Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Motorboat Operators
collegeModesto Junior College
collegeLong Beach City College
majorBaking and Pastry Arts/Baker/Pastry Chef
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
majorCooking and Related Culinary Arts, General
majorBuilding/Construction Site Management/Manager
collegeCentral Alabama Community College
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeLos Angeles Trade Technical College