Assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as computers, test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
- Anode Builder
- Armature Assembler
- Assembly Worker
- Automobile Lights Assembler
- Battery Assembler
- Battery Builder
- Battery Parts Assembler
- Battery Plate Assembler
- Breaker Unit Assembler
- Inspect or test wiring installations, assemblies, or circuits for resistance factors or for operation and record results.
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems or support structures and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, or assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering or micro-welding equipment.
- Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, or reports to determine materials requirements or assembly instructions.
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
- Position, align, or adjust workpieces or electrical parts to facilitate wiring or assembly.
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas, using hoists or handtrucks.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan or review work activities or to resolve production problems.
- Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $31,480.00 with most people making between $18,190.00 and $51,460.00
During 2010, this occupation employed approximately 22,200 people in California. It is projected that there will be 24,900 employed in 2020.
This occupation will have about 260 openings due to growth and about 320 replacement openings for approximately 580 total annual openings.
- Security and Fire Alarm Systems Installers
- Telecommunications Line Installers and Repairers
- Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Multiple Machine Tool Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Solderers and Brazers
- Plating and Coating Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Extruding and Forming Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Synthetic and Glass Fibers
- Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Semiconductor Processors
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
collegeWest Valley College
majorElectrical/Electronics Equipment Installation and Repair, General
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
majorElectrical, Electronic and Communications Engineering Technology/Technician
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeSan Bernardino Valley College
collegeSan Diego City College