Make or form wax or sand cores or molds used in the production of metal castings in foundries.
- Airset Caster
- Airset Molder
- Core Baker
- Core Drier
- Core Machine Operator
- Core Maker
- Core Oven Tender
- Core Paster
- Core Piler
- Core Setter
- Clean and smooth molds, cores, and core boxes, and repair surface imperfections.
- Move and position workpieces such as mold sections, patterns, and bottom boards, using cranes, or signal others to move workpieces.
- Sprinkle or spray parting agents onto patterns and mold sections to facilitate removal of patterns from molds.
- Position patterns inside mold sections and clamp sections together.
- Position cores into lower sections of molds, and reassemble molds for pouring.
- Sift and pack sand into mold sections, core boxes, and pattern contours, using hand or pneumatic ramming tools.
- Tend machines that bond cope and drag together to form completed shell molds.
- Cut spouts, runner holes, and sprue holes into molds.
- Lift upper mold sections from lower sections and remove molded patterns.
- Form and assemble slab cores around patterns and position wire in mold sections to reinforce molds, using hand tools and glue.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Relationships and Independence in their jobs.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Chemistry - Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2012, the average annual wage in California was $30,650.00 with most people making between $19,420.00 and $43,020.00
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately n/a people in California. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
- Motion Picture Projectionists
- Structural Metal Fabricators and Fitters
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Print Binding and Finishing Workers
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Coating, Painting, and Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Helpers--Production Workers
onetElectric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
collegeBishop State Community College
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers