Coordinate day-to-day operations of distance learning programs and schedule courses.
- Student Outreach Coordinator
- Service Learning Coordinator
- Program Facilitation Director for Distance Learning
- Online Program Coordinator
- Online Facilitator
- Learning Coordinator
- Learning and Development Consultant
- Learning Administrator
- Head of Academic Technology
- E-Learning Coordinator
- Conduct inventories of distance learning equipment, summarizing equipment usage data.
- Write and submit grant applications or proposals to secure funding for distance learning programs.
- Direct and support the technical operation of distance learning classrooms or equipment.
- Negotiate with academic units or instructors and vendors to ensure cost-effective and high-quality distance learning programs, services, or courses.
- Communicate technical or marketing information about distance learning via podcasts, webinars, and other technologies.
- Prepare and distribute schedules of distance learning resources, such as course offerings, classrooms, laboratories, equipment, and web sites.
- Select, direct, and monitor the work of vendors that provide products or services for distance learning programs.
- Review distance learning content to ensure compliance with copyright, licensing, or other requirements.
- Develop or provide technical resources, such as course management and videoconferencing systems, networking, and webcasting, for distance learning programs.
- Provide technical or logistical support to users of distance learning classrooms, equipment, web sites, or services.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: C.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Conventional interests.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Relationships and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Communications and Media - Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Most of these occupations require graduate school. For example, they may require a master's degree, and some require a Ph.D., M.D., or J.D. (law degree).
In 2016, the average annual wage in California was $89,090 with most people making between $46,040 and $146,610
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 4,800 people in California. It is projected that there will be 5,600 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 80 openings due to growth and about 150 replacement openings for approximately 230 total annual openings.