Recruit and hire seasonal or temporary agricultural laborers. May transport, house, and provide meals for workers.
- Harvesting Contractor
- Harvest Contractor
- Field Supervisor
- Field Manager
- Field Crop Harvest Contractor
- Farm Labor Contractor
- Farm Crew Member
- Farm Crew Leader
- Farm Contractor
- Crew Leader
- Provide check-cashing services to employees.
- Direct and transport workers to appropriate work sites.
- Furnish tools for employee use.
- Supervise the work of contracted employees.
- Employ foremen to deal directly with workers when recruiting, hiring, instructing, assigning tasks, and enforcing work rules.
- Recruit and hire agricultural workers.
- Provide food, drinking water, and field sanitation facilities to contracted workers.
- Pay wages of contracted farm laborers.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Independence and Recognition in their jobs.
- Foreign Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of a foreign (non-English) language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar, and pronunciation.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Management of Personnel Resources - Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in California was $60,040 with most people making between $25,140 and $112,400
California projection information is not available
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation
- Buyers and Purchasing Agents, Farm Products
- Hosts and Hostesses, Restaurant, Lounge, and Coffee Shop
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping and Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, and Groundskeeping Workers
- Amusement and Recreation Attendants
- Parts Salespersons
- Retail Salespersons
- Travel Agents
- Demonstrators and Product Promoters
- First-Line Supervisors of Helpers, Laborers, and Material Movers, Hand