Implement and administer enterprise-wide document management systems and related procedures that allow organizations to capture, store, retrieve, share, and destroy electronic records and documents.
- Records Manager
- Record Systems Analyst
- Manager, Enterprise Content Management
- IT Project Manager
- Implementation Specialist
- Enterprise Records Analyst
- Documentation Specialist
- Documentation Analyst
- Document Specialist
- Document Management Technician
- Analyze, interpret, or disseminate system performance data.
- Exercise security surveillance over document processing, reproduction, distribution, storage, or archiving.
- Document technical functions and specifications for new or proposed content management systems.
- Operate data capture technology to import digitized documents into document management system.
- Propose recommendations for improving content management system capabilities.
- Prepare support documentation and training materials for end users of document management systems.
- Assist in the development of document or content classification taxonomies to facilitate information capture, search, and retrieval.
- Prepare and record changes to official documents and confirm changes with legal and compliance management staff, including enterprise-wide records management staff.
- Identify and classify documents or other electronic content according to characteristics such as security level, function, and metadata.
- Implement scanning or other automated data entry procedures, using imaging devices and document imaging software.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Achievement, but also value Support and Working Conditions in their jobs.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Most of these occupations require a four-year bachelor's degree, but some do not.
In 2016, the average annual wage in California was $95,970 with most people making between $42,680 and $154,940
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 25,000 people in California. It is projected that there will be 30,000 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 500 openings due to growth and about 320 replacement openings for approximately 820 total annual openings.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation