Maintain order in courts of law.
- Supervising Bailiff
- Sergeant at Arms
- Security Officer
- Justice Court Deputy Clerk
- Grand Jury Deputy Sheriff
- District Court Bailiff
- Deputy Sheriff, Building Guard
- Deputy Sheriff Court Services
- Deputy Sheriff
- Deputy Bailiff
- Maintain court docket.
- Guard lodging of sequestered jury.
- Provide jury escort to restaurant and other areas outside of courtroom to prevent jury contact with public.
- Escort prisoners to and from courthouse and maintain custody of prisoners during court proceedings.
- Announce entrance of judge.
- Stop people from entering courtroom while judge charges jury.
- Report need for police or medical assistance to sheriff's office.
- Screen, control, and handle evidence and exhibits during court proceedings.
- Check courtroom for security and cleanliness and assure availability of sundry supplies, such as notepads, for use by judge, jurors, and attorneys.
- Maintain order in courtroom during trial and guard jury from outside contact.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: REC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Enterprising and Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Public Safety and Security - Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Law and Government - Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2017, the average annual wage in California was $55,600 with most people making between $30,250 and $81,540
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately n/a people in California. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
Industry breakdown is not available for this occupation