Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils.
- Utility Aide
- Tray Room Worker
- Tray Line Worker
- Stewarding Supervisor
- Silverware Cleaner
- Silver Wrapper
- Silver Cleaner
- Pot Washer
- Set up banquet tables.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Clean or prepare various foods for cooking or serving.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Sort and remove trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RC.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Chemistry - Knowledge of the chemical composition, structure, and properties of substances and of the chemical processes and transformations that they undergo. This includes uses of chemicals and their interactions, danger signs, production techniques, and disposal methods.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Some of these occupations may require a high school diploma or GED certificate.
In 2016, the average annual wage in California was $23,190 with most people making between $20,810 and $27,420
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 80,700 people in California. It is projected that there will be 90,800 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 1,010 openings due to growth and about 3,490 replacement openings for approximately 4,500 total annual openings.
- Janitors and Cleaners, Except Maids and Housekeeping Cleaners
- Nursery Workers
- Farmworkers and Laborers, Crop
- Farmworkers, Farm, Ranch, and Aquacultural Animals
- Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, and Stucco Masons
- Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
- Cleaners of Vehicles and Equipment
- Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Packers and Packagers, Hand