Directly supervise and coordinate activities of personal service workers, such as flight attendants, hairdressers, or caddies.
- Stewardess Supervisor
- Shop Supervisor
- Shop Manager
- Service Superintendent
- Salon Manager
- Salon Leader
- Rides Supervisor
- Residential Care Facility Manager
- Residential Assistant
- Resident Care Supervisor
- Direct marketing, advertising, or other customer recruitment efforts.
- Direct or coordinate the activities of workers, such as flight attendants, hotel staff, or hair stylists.
- Participate in continuing education to stay abreast of industry trends and developments.
- Recruit and hire staff members.
- Take disciplinary action to address performance problems.
- Collaborate with staff members to plan or develop programs of events, schedules of activities, or menus.
- Furnish customers with information on events or activities.
- Analyze and record personnel or operational data and write related activity reports.
- Requisition necessary supplies, equipment, or services.
- Resolve customer complaints regarding worker performance or services rendered.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: ECS.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Enterprising interests, but also prefer Conventional and Social environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Relationships, but also value Support and Independence in their jobs.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- Personnel and Human Resources - Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
Most occupations in this zone require training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience, or an associate's degree.
In 2014, the average annual wage in California was $41,990 with most people making between $23,490 and $67,820
During 2012, this occupation employed approximately 22,100 people in California. It is projected that there will be 24,200 employed in 2022.
This occupation will have about 210 openings due to growth and about 410 replacement openings for approximately 620 total annual openings.
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Food Preparation and Serving Workers
collegeSan Diego State University
majorSalon/Beauty Salon Management/Manager
onetCounter and Rental Clerks
collegeCalifornia State University-Long Beach
collegeMetropolitan Career Center Computer Technology Institute
collegeGolden Gate University-San Francisco
onetFirst-Line Supervisors of Office and Administrative Support Workers
majorBusiness Administration and Management, General