Wind wire coils used in electrical components, such as resistors and transformers, and in electrical equipment and instruments, such as field cores, bobbins, armature cores, electrical motors, generators, and control equipment.
- Wire Wrapping Machine Operator
- Wire Winding Machine Tender
- Wire Winder
- Wire Coiler Machine Operator
- Wire Coiler
- Winding Department Supervisor
- Winder Operator
- Stator Winder
- Disassemble and assemble motors, and repair and maintain electrical components and machinery parts, using hand tools.
- Apply solutions or paints to wired electrical components, using hand tools, and bake components.
- Line slots with sheet insulation, and insert coils into slots.
- Examine and test wired electrical components such as motors, armatures, and stators, using measuring devices, and record test results.
- Stop machines to remove completed components, using hand tools.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Select and load materials such as workpieces, objects, and machine parts onto equipment used in coiling processes.
- Review work orders and specifications to determine materials needed and types of parts to be processed.
- Cut, strip, and bend wire leads at ends of coils, using pliers and wire scrapers.
- Attach, alter, and trim materials such as wire, insulation, and coils, using hand tools.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: RCI.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Realistic interests, but also prefer Conventional and Investigative environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Working Conditions and Relationships in their jobs.
- Education and Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in California was $29,510 with most people making between $20,890 and $43,900
During 2014, this occupation employed approximately 1,200 people in California. It is projected that there will be 1,200 employed in 2024.
This occupation will have about 0 openings due to growth and about 20 replacement openings for approximately 20 total annual openings.
- Motion Picture Projectionists
- Mail Clerks and Mail Machine Operators, Except Postal Service
- Forging Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Pourers and Casters, Metal
- Foundry Mold and Coremakers
- Molding, Coremaking, and Casting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Sewing Machine Operators
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Wood
- Grinding and Polishing Workers, Hand
- Helpers--Production Workers