Operate or tend equipment, such as cooling and freezing units, refrigerators, batch freezers, and freezing tunnels, to cool or freeze products, food, blood plasma, and chemicals.
- Votator Machine Operator
- Spreading Machine Operator
- Refrigeration Technician
- Refrigeration Supervisor
- Refrigeration Person
- Refrigeration Operator
- Refrigeration Engine Operator
- Refrigerating Machine Operator
- Paradichlorobenzene Tender
- Novelty Maker
- Stir material with spoons or paddles to mix ingredients or allow even cooling and prevent coagulation.
- Activate mechanical rakes to regulate flow of ice from storage bins to vats.
- Scrape, dislodge, or break excess frost, ice, or frozen product from equipment to prevent accumulation, using hands and hand tools.
- Place or position containers into equipment, and remove containers after completion of cooling or freezing processes.
- Insert forming fixtures, and start machines that cut frozen products into measured portions or specified shapes.
- Position molds on conveyors, and measure and adjust level of fill, using depth gauges.
- Start agitators to blend contents, or start beater, scraper, and expeller blades to mix contents with air and prevent sticking.
- Sample and test product characteristics such as specific gravity, acidity, and sugar content, using hydrometers, pH meters, or refractometers.
- Load and position wrapping paper, sticks, bags, or cartons into dispensing machines.
- Inspect and flush lines with solutions or steam, and spray equipment with sterilizing solutions.
People who work in this occupation generally have the interest code: IA.
This means people who work in this occupation generally have Investigative interests, but also prefer Artistic environments.
People who work in this occupation generally prize Support, but also value Independence and Relationships in their jobs.
- Production and Processing - Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Mechanical - Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Food Production - Knowledge of techniques and equipment for planting, growing, and harvesting food products (both plant and animal) for consumption, including storage/handling techniques.
- Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Monitoring - Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
These occupations usually require a high school diploma.
In 2016, the average annual wage in California was $30,890 with most people making between $21,250 and $47,270
During 2008, this occupation employed approximately n/a people in California. It is projected that there will be - employed in 2018.
This occupation will have approximately - job openings annually.
- Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, and Applicators, Vegetation
- Logging Equipment Operators
- Rough Carpenters
- Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Refractory Materials Repairers, Except Brickmasons
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Except Sawing
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, and Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Transportation Vehicle, Equipment and Systems Inspectors, Except Aviation
- Crane and Tower Operators
- Pump Operators, Except Wellhead Pumpers