The Drywall/Lathing Trade has the ability to meet the construction needs of California. We are able to provide the architectural appeal, fire protection, sound protection and structural integrity to houses, office buildings, warehouses, shopping malls, etc.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
The Drywall/Lathing program is jointly sponsored by the area Carpenter and Lather Locals. As an employee and union member you and your family will be afforded excellent medical, dental and optical coverage as well as vacation and pension plan benefits.
- An applicant for the Drywall/Lathing Apprenticeship Program must be at least eighteen (18) years of age, or seventeen (17) with written parental consent. There is no maximum age.
- Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or a GED.
- Be able to lift heavy materials and work in all types of weather.
- Be prepared to purchase tools and equipment necessary (estimated cost $200.00 to start).
The Apprentice is required to attend classes for related technical instruction and to purchase the required books. The Apprentice will complete four (4) weeks of schooling per year. The Apprentice must successfully attend sixteen (16) weeks (576 hours) of classes and 4800 work hours to complete the program. The Apprentice is eligible for unemployment compensation while attending school providing all the requirements of the State have been met.