Floor Cover Installers in California install Carpet, Linoleum, Soft Tile, Rubber Tile, Laminate Flooring, Vinyl Composition Tile, Sheet Vinyl and a variety of specialized Flooring. Floor Covering Installers work with many sharp knives and other cutting tools, so there is always the danger of serious cuts. Lifting heavy loads such as rolls of carpet or sheet vinyl, bending, stretching and reaching in awkward positions can cause back problems. Training (called Hazardous Communication) teaches apprentices how to work with hazardous substances, found in some adhesives, safely.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Group life insurance, pension, annuity, major medical, prescription drug plan, vision plan, dental plan, and vacation/holiday benefits are available.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age. There is no maximum age.
- Applicant must be in good health and physically able to do the work.
- Education: No high school diploma or GED required.
- A written examination is given to all applicants consisting of 8th grade level math.
- All applicants are required to participate in an orientation class.
There are eight (8) steps of apprenticeship period-1 through period-8. Each step is a minimum of six months. The term of apprenticeship is a minimum of 48 months. Over these 48 months you will have completed a minimum of 576 hours of related classroom instruction and 6000 hours of on-the-job training.