Address: 1700 Corby Avenue, Suite A
City: Santa Rosa
State: CA, 95407
Location Website: http://www.rejatc.org/
Program Website: www.calapprenticeship.org
Program Type: Apprenticeship
Phone: (707) 523-3837
Fax: (707) 523-3829
An electrical apprentice works directly under the supervision of a qualified Journeyman Electrician in installing or maintaining a variety of approved wiring methods for distribution of electrical light, heat, power, radio, and signaling utilization systems. The work is performed in existing or new residential, commercial and industrial buildings and includes street and highway lighting, traffic signal and other outdoor above and below grade installations. The trade requires considerable physical effort on the part of the apprentice to do lifting, climbing, crouching, and working in cramped areas.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Our program is sponsored jointly by the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW). As an employee and union member you will be afforded excellent medical and dental coverage as well as savings and pension plan benefits.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application.
- Applicants must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Must have completed one full year (2 semesters) of high school algebra with a minimum grade of "C," or the equivalent or one semester of college albegra with a minimum grade of "C" or the equivalent. The burden of proof is on the applicant. (Pre-algebra will not meet this requirement).
- Applicant must have a valid California Driver's License at the time of indenture.
Typically during the term of your apprenticeship you will work 8000 hours on the job for a five year program with various electrical contractors. In addition, you will attend school for 800 hours during the five (5) year period. Wages start at a percentage of full journeyman pay and increase in increments through graduation to full pay.