A Shop Ironworker mechanic fabricates the individual steel components, which form the structural steel framework for buildings and bridges. Other areas of metal fabrication includes building metal stairs, handrails and various ornamental metal products using steel, aluminum, copper and brass which are manufactured by the shop ironworker mechanic.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
The Program sponsored by the Shopmen Ironworkers Local Union 790 will afford you and your family with excellent medical, dental and optical coverage. There are paid vacation, pension and annuity plan benefits for all members.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- No High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Applicants must pass the California Achievement TABE 76-4, math portion, with a minimum passing score of 70%.
- Applicants must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related training classes and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.