Plumbers work with the various materials and fixtures used in installation, removal, maintenance, extension and alteration of a plumbing system. Plumbing systems include all sanitary drainage, storm drainage facilities, special wastes, vent systems, public or private water systems and gas piping within or adjacent to any building.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
The benefits programs are jointly administered by a Board of Trustees consisting of members of U.A. Plumbers and Steamfitters and Contractor’s Associations. As an employee and union member you will be afforded excellent medical, dental and optical coverage as well as pension and supplemental pension plan benefits.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related training classes and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
- Must be prepared to attend two nights per week in related training classes (school) during school terms.
- Must present valid California drivers license when accepted.
- Should be able to present verification to potential employers of legal right to work in the United States.
During the term of five (5) years, the apprentice will work 9000 hours of on-the-job training. You will also attend 1080 hours of related training classes.