Address: 2531 Barrington Court
State: CA, 94545
Location Website: http://www.sprinklerfitters483.org/
Program Website: www.calapprenticeship.org
Program Type: Apprenticeship
Phone: (510) 782-9483
Fax: (510) 782-9506
The responsibilities and work of the Sprinkler Fitter consists of the knowledge and ability to install all types of fire protection systems, including the layout and installation of underground fire mains. A Sprinkler Fitter is able to read blue prints and layout and install hangers and overhead piping in all types of buildings and all types of construction. Fire sprinklers are found in high-rises, warehouses, air-crafts, hangers, hotels, motels, and homes.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Our program is sponsored jointly by Sprinkler Fitters U.A. Union and the National Fire Sprinkler Association. As an employee and union member you will be afforded excellent medical, dental and optical coverage as well as vacation and pension plan benefits.
- An Applicant for the Sprinkler Fitter Apprenticeship must be at least eighteen (18) years of age. There is no maximum age.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma, or a G.E.D., or equivalent in most programs.
- Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicants must be able to read and write the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related instruction classes.
- Applicants must have legal employable status in the U.S.
- Applicants must possess a current, valid driver's license (at time of dispatch).
- Applicants must take and pass an aptitude examination and an oral interview in most programs.
- When hired, apprentices must have transportation to go to any job in their area.
The Apprenticeship program is a five (5) year program. Apprentices must work a total of 8000 hours in five (5) years to reach journeylevel status. Apprentices are required to attend related instruction classes a minimum of 144 hours per year at the J.A.C. Training.