A low voltage electronic and control systems equipment technician. Duties include: construction and installation, servicing and maintaining sound, pro-audio/video, fire/burglar, security/CCTV, access control, telephone/data and computer systems integration.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
As an employee and union member you will be afforded excellent medical, dental and optical coverage as well as pension plan benefits.
- An applicant must be at least 18 years of age. There is no maximum age.
- An applicant must have a high school diploma or GED.
- An applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- An applicant must have a valid California Driver's License.
- An applicant must be able to speak, read and write English in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related training classes and to ensure personal and co-workers safety on the job.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Additional academic math requirements may apply. Contact individual programs for verification of academic math requirements.
Programs vary from thirty-six (36) to forty-eight (48) months with apprentices obtaining between 6000 hours to 6400 hours on the job depending on the individual program. The required supplemental classroom training hours also vary from 150 hours per year up to 204 hours per year depending on the individual program requirements.