As an Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice, you will work for a Refrigeration contractor. Training for the services involves maintenance and repair of refrigeration and/or air conditioning units for commercial and industrial uses.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
As an employee and union member, you will be afforded excellent medical, dental and optical coverage as well as pension and supplemental pension plan benefits.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess high school diploma or GED.
- Must be physically able to perform the work of the trade.
- Applicant must take and pass aptitude examination and an oral interview.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related training classes and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
- Must be prepared to attend related training classes (school during school term) two nights per week.
- Must present a valid California Driver's License (for identification).
- Should be able to present verification to potential employers of legal right to work in the United States.
The apprenticeship program is a five (5) year program. Apprentices must work a total of 8000 hours in five (5) years to reach journeyman status. Apprentices are required to attend related instruction classes for 216 hours each year. Apprentice wages start at a percentage of the journeyman's hourly rate of pay with periodic increases until he or she reaches the full journeyman rate.