An Automotive Technician is a person who can do any repair to all systems on today’s automobiles. Auto Paint and Auto Body Technicians are able to do necessary repairs to return a vehicle to its original condition.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Once you have established your eligibility for Health and Welfare you are afforded excellent medical, dental and optical benefits, along with vacation pay and an excellent pension plan.
- Applicants shall be at least 17 years of age with written parental consent. There is no maximum age.
- Applicant must be in good physical condition so as not to endanger themselves or others while performing their duties in the workplace. Must not be colorblind. Service Advisor/Service Writers excluded.
- Must be a high school graduate, or have successfully completed high school graduate equivalency examination or GED test.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License upon employment.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job and in related training classes, and to insure personal and co-worker safety on the job.
Typically the four-year term of your apprenticeship you will work 8000 hours on the job. Your will also attend supplemental related training classes 144 hours per year at different community colleges in California.